How do you prioritise the most important features of a payroll software? Creating a payroll checklist is a great way to identify what you definitely need and what you might be missing. Here are some key features to look for that should be included in your payroll technology:
1. Cloud-based software: Cloud-based technology is a must-have when it comes to managing payroll. Your payroll team can access payroll from any device, employee data is securely managed and updated, and you have real-time access to payroll. Cloud-based software also allows your employees to manage while working remotely and doesn’t require an office network in order to access.
2. Customised Reporting: You can’t manage employee payroll without reporting. Many payroll teams have to create reports using excel or other manual processes, which often lead to errors and duplicate efforts. Your payroll technology should include a reporting feature so you can create reports, view payroll costs in real-time, and be able to quickly identify errors or spot inconsistencies.
3. Direct Filing with HMRC: Your payroll software should allow you to direct file with HMRC. If you are managing the filing manually, there is room for error – which can lead to fines and penalties. Using a software that provides direct access to HMRC filing allows you to meet deadlines, ensure compliance, and avoid mistakes.
4. CIPP-certified Service: Do you have access to a team of experts when payroll questions come up? Do you need help with general ledger and other payroll-related reporting? Your payroll software should provide you with CIPP-certified payroll experts so that you can get answers to questions as they come up. As regulations change, your payroll can quickly be out of compliance. Having a dedicated compliance team makes it easy to manage changes and gives you peace of mind.
5. Integrated HR and Time Management: Does your payroll software integrate with other company systems? Payroll, HR, and Time Management solutions all use the same employee data, so why should you have to manually add those details into 3 systems? Integrating your payroll and HR simplifies your workforce management, and when you integrate with time and attendance software, you have all of your employee data streamlined in one place.
Is your payroll technology working for you, or are there ways to simplify your monthly process? Create a payroll checklist and identify ways to improve and save time and resources. We provide payroll, HR, and time management solutions to make it easier for your teams to stay compliant. Talk to us today about simplifying your operations: click here to learn more
Need help to understand what solution is best for your business?
Payescape Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2017 (register number 821826) for the provision of payment services.