Is Your Payroll Provider Missing Something?
Managing payroll can be challenging, but with the right payroll software you can simplify daily operations, ensure compliance, and reduce resources needed to manage employee payroll. If your payroll services are falling short, it could be you are missing some key features that could save you time and money. Here is what to look for in a payroll provider:
1. Integration: Are you able to manage payroll, HR, and time and attendance data in one place, or are you manually entering the same data in multiple locations? Integration of your employee data is vital to maintain accurate records, reduce redundancies, and ensure compliance. If your payroll solution can’t integrate with your HR or time management tools, you could be losing time and money.
2. Payslips: Can you upload payslips online from your HR software? Do your employees have access to their payslips and other pertinent personal data from a payroll or HR self-service portal? If not, your payroll and HR teams are probably spending way too much time managing paperwork that could be managed online by your employees. Integrated employee data ensures your employees can access payslips, make easy changes to personal details, and more.
3. Journals and General Ledgers: Payroll accounting is complicated. Your team must distinguish between employee vs. employer tax liabilities, benefits, health insurance, and more. Your payroll provider should offer services to upload journal entries into your company accounting software each month to simplify the process for your team.
4. Training Updates: Regulations change each year – does your payroll team get ongoing training to keep up with new requirements each year? Your payroll provider should give ongoing training to your payroll team to ensure compliance, keep everyone up to date on new changes, and make sure software updates are communicated to your team.
5. CIPP-Certification: Is your payroll provider CIPP-certified? Your payroll team needs to ensure compliance for the organisation, be aware of potential compliance changes each year, and be able to access a help desk when questions come up. Having a CIPP-certified payroll provider adds an additional layer of compliance to your company payroll, and ensures you stay ahead of upcoming regulation changes.
If you are just starting to look for payroll solutions, or if you need to make a change in your payroll software, be aware that not all payroll providers are the same. Having added services, integration and technology can help your team easily manage payroll, stay ahead of changes, and ensure compliance. Payescape provides easy-to-use technology with customised reporting, integrated solutions for HR and time management, and our CIPP-certified staff is here to help when questions come up. Talk to us and learn how to simplify payroll – click here to get started