Job Title: Operations Supervisor
The Operations Supervisor will assist the Operations Managers in supervising Payroll Administrators, ensuring that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner. They will operate as the subject matter expert and escalation point to help resolve issues and continuously look for improvements in operational processes.
They will help enhance the contribution of the team through coaching and counselling and be able to implement workable solutions to business issues/problems with minimum referral to management.
This individual should plan and prioritise workloads to optimise the performance of the operations team and work with the Operations Managers to define and improve standards.
- Interpret day-to-day business objectives and preparation/execution of operational practices.
- Supervise Payroll staff and fill in for the Operations Managers as needed.
- Assist in monitoring workload and ensure it is evenly spread amongst the operations team.
- Ensure team members acquire necessary skills and performance attributes, in line with business and personal development needs.
- Provide guidance to and share knowledge with colleagues/team members relating to own specialisation.
- Assist Operations Managers to create annual team objectives.
- Escalate potential service issues to Operations Manager.
- Defines and improve standards within the Payroll operational framework.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Cover for team members in back-up role for annual leave and/or high-volume work efforts.
- Implement quality control measures.
- Will be responsible for the management of effective client service relationships within the business and as the main point of contact for senior client representatives.
- Understanding and upholding the company goals and objectives.
- 2 years+ payroll experience (desirable but not necessary).
- Minimum of 5 years of fast paced customer experience.
- Experience in working with a team.
- Ability to effectively supervise team members and work as a member of that team.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent organisation skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple clients.
- Ability to analyse/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Ability & interest in training other team members.
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.